Okay, so this was going to be a one part summary, but it turns out it has taken me a bit longer than I expected so today I only managed to get one side done. Memo to self – I am rubbish at bodywork !
Anyway step one was to take the supplied panels and trim them so they fit within the space on the bulkhead on the near and offside. They all needed quite a bit of cutting and grinding to fit around the round-bar, and this isn’t my forte so it was slow progress.
Once that was done I needed to cut a hole in the nearside panel to allow for one of the engine mount points to be accessible.
Once the hole was added ( and I made it a bit larger to allow for the welds next to the mount joint, I was able to offer it up to the chassis and make sure it fitted ok.
I used a few clamps to hold it in place and then marked the position of the frame from behind and then measured a mid point so I knew where to drill and hopefully hit the middle of the chassis bars.
Once it was measured up I drilled 3.2mm holes every 1.5″ then used a 10mm bit to de-burr the holes.
I then offered it back up to the chassis and marked again and then drilled the holes into the chassis ready to rivet.